Please read the information below regarding move-out. If you have any questions, contact your Property Management Office.
- Reuse Station
- Prior to your move-out day
- On your move-out day
- Safety during your move
- Power down
- Key/fob return
Reuse Stations return for 2022 Moving Season
Open throughout the week* at the following locations:
- 16-18 Prescott St. - parking lot area (*Monday's 8:00AM - 1:00PM only)
- Botanic Gardens -parking area off Linnaean Street
- 8 Mt Auburn - back parking lot, first garage stall
- Peabody Terrace – guest parking lot next to trash area
- One Western Avenue -service drive between the SFP garage and One Western Avenue by the loading dock doors
What you can donate:
Large Items – Loose or boxed
- Furniture including tables, chairs, couches, dressers, desks, bed frames, storage crates, trash cans, bulletin boards, rugs, etc.
- Dishes, cups, silverware, pots, pans, and other cooking utensils
- Tools and small working appliances, including mini-fridges, microwaves, fans, lamps, and clocks
- Computers and parts, printers, cords, phones, and other electronics
Simple Recycling - Pink Bag Collection:
- Clothing, shoes, blankets bedding, small books, office supplies, toys, and other various small housewares
- Be sure to tie the drawstrings and don’t overweight the bags
Bags are available in the HUH Property Management Offices during regular hours. Collect and drop your bags at one of the outdoor Reuse Station locations listed above.
Please do not leave any unwanted items in your apartment, hallways, lobbies, trash areas, or elsewhere on the grounds of your property.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
- Find out about any parking restrictions, need for permits, or truck size restrictions and Pods/storage containers.
- Cancel your cable service and arrange for pick-up of your cable box (if applicable). The management office will not hold boxes for pick up.
- Mail forwarding:
- You can easily change your address online. Note that a credit card and $1.05 charge are required for the online option to avoid fraudulent changes. Or, you may visit a Post Office and complete a change of address card.
- Once your lease ends you are not permitted to access your old mailbox.
- If you get frequent or automatic package deliveries (contact lenses, medications, food, etc.) please make sure the company of origin and FedEx, UPS, or any other carrier knows that you are moving.
- If you have an air conditioner, please email RentAnAC or call them at 617-903-3274 to arrange for removal.
- Remove all personal belongings (furniture, personal items, food, rubbish, etc.) from your apartment, and from your storage area (if applicable). Harvard University Housing is not responsible for any personal items left behind.
- If you reside in a furnished apartment, the supplied furniture, lamps, etc. must remain. If Harvard Housing has supplied an air conditioner cover, please leave it in the unit.
- Avoid unwanted charges by cleaning your apartment completely prior to your departure
- All trash and recyclables should be removed and disposed of properly – do NOT leave items in trash rooms.
- Empty and clean your refrigerator.Clean your oven and stovetop.
- Sweep or vacuum floors.
- Do not leave unwanted furniture and household items in trash rooms or common areas.
- Do not prop open doors for any length of time.
- Keep your door locked as you go in and out of your apartment.
- Please do not prop open elevator doors; this will cause the elevator to shut down.
- Turn off the apartment lights, vents, and air conditioning (if applicable).
- Close all windows and doors.
- Please leave them on the kitchen counter and contact your Property Management Office to let them know you have done so.
- Failure to return all keys and/or fobs may result in a fee, as per Harvard University Housing Policies and Procedures.