Common Room Reservations (updated 3/16/2022)
Common Room reservations are now available for dates one week in advance. You must be a current resident of HUH who lives in a property with a reservable common room(s) to submit a request. Please submit at least 7 days in advance of your event date for proper processing. Those residents may reserve only the common room(s) in their property. Note: Soldiers Field Park residents may reserve the One Western Avenue Common Room at this time.
Click the link for your building to get started:
- 10 Akron Street (6th/7th floor is offline as of 3/1/2022 due to damage on terrace.)
- 5 Cowperthwaite Street
- 29 Garden Street
- Harvard @ Trilogy
- One Western Avenue (Note that both OWA and SFP residents may reserve this common room)
- Peabody Terrace
There are updates to Covid-19 policies for private room reservations. Please read carefully.
COVID-19 protocol changes:
- All reservations are capped at 3 hours and must end by 10pm
- Food is now allowed within interior spaces at this time, but must be individually packaged (i.e. salads, burritos, wrapped sandwich). If your guest require additional distancing for eating or drinking, we ask that you create a space at your event to support that request.
- Drinks are now allowed in bottles or cans only; no shared containers. All must be recycled. If providing alcohol, all guests must be 21 and food must be provided.
- Masks/Face Coverings are optional for all vaccinated community members; Unvaccinated members are still required to mask.
- Follow CDC recommendations and University guidance around positive Covid-19 test results
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not enter a common area.
Rooms Available (you must be a resident of the specific property listed below to request space):
- 10 Akron Street West Common Room (capacity 50);
- 5 Cowperthwaite Common Room (capacity 25); 6th floor terrace (capacity 20)
- Peabody Terrace Common Room (capacity 40)
- Trilogy Common Room (capacity 30)
- 29 Garden Street Common Room (capacity 40)
- One Western Ave Common Room (capacity 50)
Harvard University Housing will continue to monitor the Covid-19 pandemic situation and reserves the right to close common areas as needed. Please know that all policies and procedures (see bottom of page) must be followed to ensure continued use of these spaces for the entire resident population. Repeated instances of individual non-compliance may result in the loss of access to various common areas for those residents and their household members. Please send any questions to email@example.com.
Residents may use any common room for small groups under 10, however the space will continued to be shared with other residents of the building. Only a private room reservation guarantees private use of a space. All common rooms should be empty by 11pm in accordance with HUH quiet hours noted in our policies and procedures.
Common Rooms across the portfolio not eligible for private reservations (i.e., Ware St, Beckwith Circle, Broadway, Kirkland Ct., Akron East) are open for resident use. Please remember the following guidelines:
- Face coverings are optional.
- Rooms are available for all residents to use on a first-come, first-served basis with a 2-hour limit. No one group can take over a common room space. Limit to a group is 10.
- No personal items may be left in the common room unattended at any time.
- Please practice good hand hygiene.
Playrooms (effective 2/21/2022)
GCP playroom membership is available to families with children between 0-8 years of age living at either Peabody Terrace, 10 Akron, One Western Avenue and Soldier's Field Park. Eligible residents interested in registering should review the new GCP playroom membership contract, which outlines access and usage policies that are in place to ensure the health and safety of our community members.
Please note that all policies and procedures, including masking and hand hygiene, must be followed to maintain membership:
COVID-19 protocols for GCP playroom use
- The PT and SFP playrooms each have a capacity of 20 people (adults and children); the 10 Akron and OWA playrooms each have a capacity of 10 people (adults and children).
- All playroom members are responsible for maintaining these capacities by refraining from entering the room if the capacity is reached.
- There is no longer a one-caregiver-per-household limit in the playrooms.
- In order to ensure that everyone has a chance to use the playroom without exceeding the capacities above, families can use their assigned playroom for no more than 90 minutes per day.
- Unlike during the fall, families can choose to use their 90 minutes of playroom time per day whenever is most convenient for them, except when the playroom is already at capacity.
- As in the fall, masks or face coverings must be worn by any adults or children aged 2+ for the entirety of their time in the playroom
- As in the fall, no guests are allowed in the playrooms beyond caregivers who are listed as Non-resident Authorized Occupants with HUH.
- Follow updated CDC recommendations around positive COVID-19 test results
- Full, updated playroom policies can be found here.
For inquiries or to check the status of your request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study Rooms (updated 4/6/2022)
Harvard University Housing along with our University partners are working to re-open our common areas safely and in accordance with the latest guidance. Should University or Local Guidance change at any point, HUH reserves the right to close common areas.
As a reminder, the University has required all affiliates returning to campus to be vaccinated against Covid-19. This does not apply to unaffiliated family members living in HUH or those with an approved exemption.
- No food is allowed at this point.
- Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and can be used for 4 hours at a time.
- No personal items may be left in the study room unattended at any time. (Items left will be confiscated and taken to Property Management.)
- Please keep the space tidy and return furniture to its original location.
Properties with fitness rooms require a signed waiver prior to using the space. Leaseholders signed this waiver as part of their Lease package and access to the fitness centers will automatically be added to Leaseholder HUIDs. Any adult Authorized Occupant in the household that would like to use the fitness center will need to sign the fitness waiver prior to being granted access. Please contact your Property Management Office after October 12th to receive an electronic copy of the waiver which will need to be signed and returned electronically to the Management Office. Once the signed waiver is received, access will be added to the Authorized Occupant’s HUID within 2 business days. We expect there to be restrictions placed on the occupancy in these spaces and masks must be worn at all times. (Note: Akron Fitness Room will be available after 10/21.)
Room Reservation Policies
Common Room reservations are available to current residents of HUH who live in a property with a common room(s). Those residents may reserve only the common room(s) in their property. Note: Soldiers Field Park residents may reserve the One Western Avenue Common Room.
- The Graduate Commons Program works in conjunction with Operations and cleaning staffs to ensure the common areas are in great condition for the start of private events. Common space takes common effort from everyone and we appreciate your help to be sure that the space is in great shape for those using it after you. Kindly read through the information below so you fully understand the policies and are aware of the fees.
- All reservations must be submitted at least one week in advance of your event date.
- A fee of $25, paid via credit card, will be collected once your reservation has been confirmed. Additional fees may be charged if the Common Room is not cleaned appropriately, access cards are not returned, and all other policies are not followed. Please note, fines begin at $100 (i.e. cleaning, damage, etc) and will be charged to your tenant account.
- Access cards, if needed, must be picked up during regular business hours, unless advance arrangements are made. Otherwise, the $100 lockout fee will be charged if the after-hours on-call staff is called to provide access. Access cards not returned to the proper location after an event will result in a $100 charge as well.
Please read the information below for more details.
- Individual buildings may have different availability and room information. Please read carefully.
- Select an open date on the calendar for your event at least one week in advance of your request date.
- REMEMBER: Only one event per day per room. Availability is noted by colorblocks, “EVENT:” or “RESERVED:” on the calendar.
- Complete the form and acknowledge that you have read all the policies and procedures listed here.
- Resident assumes all liability for conduct and damages that occur during their private reservations.
- Please allow up to two business days for a reply from the Graduate Commons staff.
- There will be "shut down" or "black out" periods during the year for extensive room maintenance or holiday breaks.
- The room reservation fee is $25. Grad Commons reserves the right to charge your tenant account in increments of $100 for any damage or additional cleaning fees as a result of your reservation. Fees will be assessed following your event if the policies and procedures are not followed.
- All Common Room Reservations are subject to the Harvard Policy for the Safety & Protection of Minors. Parent/guardians must accompany their children at all times. Please read through the policies prior to submitting your room reservatio
- All events in 10 Akron West, 5 Cowperthwaite, Soldiers Field Park, Trilogy, and 29 Garden Street require private room reservations. All Peabody Terrace and One Western Avenue events require room reservations.
- Residents are only allowed to reserve common space within the building that they reside, with the exception of Soldiers Field Park residents, who may reserve the One Western Avenue common room.
- Residents are limited to one reservation per week.
- Events must end by 10pm each evening (all guests out of space) & may not exceed 3-hours in length.
- Set-up and clean-up are part of the 3-hour reservation time. Be sure to build this time into your plans. Only one event is allowed per room, per day.
- The event host must be present for the duration of the event and accessible via cell phone. NOTE: You must have a copy of the event confirmation email available at your event.
- The event must be confined to the specific room requested. Guests may not loiter in hallways, outdoor spaces, or wander around the building. Hosts may NOT prop any doors (front doors or common room doors), as this is a safety concern. NOTE: No alternative rooms will be offered in the event of rain.
- Hosts are responsible for the conduct of guests. Be sure that your guests are not disturbing residents of the community.
- Sound enhancing devices (large speakers, subwoofers, etc.) are not allowed. If you require special A/V equipment, please contact your area Program Coordinator.
- For the safety of all, inflatable devices (bounce houses, obstacle courses, tents, etc) are not permitted inside GCP common spaces.
- Decorations should only be hung with painter’s (blue) tape. All decorations must be removed after events, or they will be disposed of by HUH staff. Confetti, glitter, and open-flame candles are not permitted.
- Be responsive and respectful to other members of the community, including Faculty Directors and staff, regarding noise level, etc.
- Report any damage to the Property Management Office as soon as possible. Damage is the responsibility of the host. The host's tenant account may be charged for excessive cleaning expenses or damages.
- Alcohol is allowed in common rooms in bottle or can form only. No shared containers (i.e. kegs). Please recycle all bottles and cans.
- Food must be provided if there is alcohol in the space.
- All guests must be 21.
As host of an event, you are responsible for all items listed below:
- Please bring your own cleaning materials. Trash bags and Lysol wipes will be provided.
- Remove all trash and recyclables to the proper location (outside of the room). Please check with Graduate Commons Staff or Property Management if you have questions about the proper location.
- Clean all hard surfaces in the room (countertops, tables, etc.).
- Sweep/mop the floor and pick up any food/dirt on the floor.
- Ensure all stoves/ovens/microwaves have been turned off.
- Turn off the lights/television/other electronic devices.
- Remove all personal items from the room.
- Return furniture to the appropriate position after use.
- Do not move piano or keyboards from their current location.
See room capacities listed above.
Reservation inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.