- Download a PDF that shows a visual overview the HUH Applicant Journey
- Download a PDF that shows the exact steps taken from applying for Harvard University Housing to signing a lease.
Monthly Pandemic Relief
- HUH will apply a temporary pandemic relief adjustment in the amount of $150 per month per unit, from March 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022, to each unit’s rent. The temporary pandemic relief adjustment will show up as an adjustment on your ledger.
- For co-lessees, the per unit rate will be divided evenly amongst them. For example, if a co-lessee currently pays 1/3 of the rent, they will receive 1/3 of the $150 temporary monthly adjustment.
Choose your own lease start date
If you select a unit with an available date of August 15 or earlier you may choose to start your lease any date between the available date and August 15, 2021.
To select a lease date other than the available date
- Complete your unit selection process using the default available date and immediately email email@example.com with the following information:
- Building and unit selected
- Your requested lease start date
- As you have not yet signed a lease this does not count as your one free date change.
Date changes after signing your lease
After signing your lease, you may change the lease start date one time at no charge. Additional changes can be made for $300 per change.
The following restrictions apply:
- The revised start date may not be later than August 15.
- If you request a change to an earlier start date, you must notify the leasing team at least 14 days in advance of the requested new start date.
- If you request a change to a later start date, you must notify the leasing team at least 14 days in advance of the original start date.
Help us Stay in touch
We communicate with applicants and residents via email. They will come from firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or “via yardi.com”. We also send important information through Constant Contact, so please do not opt out. We recommend checking your junk and spam filters regularly for updates.
Submitting An Application
- Before submitting an application, please check your eligibility, the occupancy guidelines, and read all the information in the tabs below.
- We will send an email within three business days of receiving your application letting you know if it is approved (validated), denied, or if more information is required.
- Applications will not be processed until all requested information is submitted.
- Important information regarding your application is sent to you via email, so regularly check the email address used in your application, as well as your spam filter. Emails may come from firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or “via yardi.com”.
Selecting a Unit
- Once your Harvard University Housing application is approved you will be able to login to the Applicant Portal see the Currently Available list and choose an apartment to lease.
Living with Co-lessees
Please view important roommate/co-lessee information -- applying, adding, rent obligations.
Special option for grad students renewing for the fall semester only due to the pandemic
- Your School must certify that your graduation date was delayed due to the pandemic and you need one semester to complete your degree.
- If you live without co-lessees and are graduating in December 2021, you may end liability on or before December 31, 2021 with no fee or penalty.
- Be aware: If you live with co-lessees and they do not wish to terminate the lease by December 31, 2021, you will continue to be responsible for rent until the end of the lease term, June 30, 2022, unless they release you from obligation earlier (see information regarding co-lessees above).
- Lease start dates are negotiable for the 2021/2022 leasing season.
- The Select process is "first-click, first-served" so a unit you viewed may not be available when you attempt to select it.
- We suggest you have more than one unit you would consider choosing; take advantage of your "View" day to create this list.
- After you click the "Select" button you will be asked to “Confirm” your selection. Please be absolutely sure of your selection before you click "Confirm."
- See below as to what will happen if you wish to change your mind after confirming.
- Once you select a unit a leasing coordinator will validate your selection and you will receive an email within two business days notifying you that your lease documents are ready for e-signature.
- The documents will include the date by which you must submit your signed documents and initial payment.
- Please be sure to regularly check the email account you used on your application, as well as your spam filter.
- Once you receive email notification that HUH has executed your signed lease, you are considered a future resident, not an applicant. From now on, you will want to log in to the Resident Portal to view your account.
VERY IMPORTANT! If you make a mistake or change your mind after confirming your selection, please contact us immediately.
- We can cancel your request and you must submit a new application.
- It can take up to three business days for an application to be approved.
- Once your new application is approved the only inventory you will have access to is that on Currently Available. If you had been in a select Window, you will NOT be able to get back into the same window and will NOT be reassigned to another window.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617 495-1459.
- Click here for complete details about HUH Pet-Friendly Housing Policies and a list of apartments that are pet friendly.
- To find buildings with furnished units you can select "furnished" as an option when viewing our properties or you can view a complete list of furnished units.
- Furnishings may vary between units and you will need to view the unit rider carefully for details regarding specific furnishings. You can get a general idea about furnishings by viewing the furnished unit list.
- Note: A property with any furnished apartments will show up when you search for furnished apartments. However, it does not guarantee that there are furnished apartments in all unit sizes. Please view the complete list of furnished units for details.
Note: Availability of special housing options is limited. Please visit the specific property pages for more information.
HUH applicants and residents. Do NOT share any personal information, including but not limited to Harvard University Housing login and password, offer letter, school acceptance letter and lease approval letter with anyone other than a member of the Harvard University Housing staff. This information is not required by potential applicants, residents, roommates, or subletters. If you get such a request from an email address with an extension other than harvard.edu, or if you are unsure about the validity of such a request, please call (617) 495-1459 or email the Leasing Office.