Flexible Start Dates now available
Due to the level of uncertainty created by COVID-19, Harvard University Housing is currently allowing flexible lease start dates. Start dates may be any date between the "available" date of the unit selected and January 31, 2021. Once approved applicants have selected a unit they must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The address and apartment number of the unit selected.
- Requested lease start date, even if it is the available date.
- Leases will end June 30, 2021
Announcement: Fully furnished units available through March 31
Several one- and two-bedroom, fully-furnished Harvard University Housing apartments are available to rent at 18 Banks Street/8A Mt. Auburn Street. Upon request, you may choose a lease end date between December 31, 2020 and March 31, 2021. These leases are not extendible. Approved applicants may select one of these units from the Currently Available list. Contact Cori Boudreau with any questions.
Help us Stay in touch
Submitting An Application
- Before submitting an application, please check your eligibility, the occupancy guidelines, and read all the information in the tabs below.
- We will send an email within three business days of receiving your application letting you know if it is approved (validated), denied, or if more information is required.
- Applications will not be processed until all requested information is submitted.
- Important information regarding your application is sent to you via email, so regularly check the email address used in your application, as well as your spam filter. Emails may come from email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or “via yardi.com”.
Selecting a Unit
- Once your Harvard University Housing application is approved you will be able to login to see the Currently Available list and choose an apartment to lease.
- Please read the User Guide prior to logging on to make your selection.
- In response to the uncertainty generated by the current health crisis, Harvard University Housing (HUH) has made several important adjustments to our policies, conditions, and standard lease terms in order to afford applicants greater flexibility and to facilitate decision making. The information below pertains to the 2020-2021 lease year only.
HUH Leases (2020-2021 leasing season)
- HUH will take all reasonable measures to offer flexibility in lease start dates to complement School/program schedules.
- Each unit will have a date noted as to when it is available for occupancy. After making their selection, applicants will be asked to propose a lease start date. The lease can be started on the apartment availability date or on a later date (depending on whether classes will be online), and calculation of the initial rent payment will be based on the chosen lease start date.
- Be sure to include the exact address and unit number when communicating with the Leasing Team.
- If circumstances change and the applicant/tenant is unable to arrive on the chosen lease start date or changes their mind and wishes to arrive earlier than their chosen lease start date, they must notify HUH immediately. HUH will adjust the commencement of the lease and adjust the rent charges.
- If the tenant is unable to take occupancy, upon notification to HUH and verification from the School, HUH will terminate the lease, end rent responsibility, and refund rent payments.
- Standard terms regarding joint and several liability for leases with roommates will apply under the new lease. Please take this into consideration in your decision making.
- Lease start dates are negotiable for the 2020-2021 leasing season.
- The Select process is "first-click, first-served" so a unit you viewed may not be available when you attempt to select it.
- We suggest you have more than one unit you would consider choosing; take advantage of your "View" day to create this list.
- After you click the "Select" button you will be asked to “Confirm” your selection. Please be absolutely sure of your selection before you click "Confirm."
- See below as to what will happen if you wish to change your mind after confirming.
- Once you select a unit a leasing coordinator will validate your selection and you will receive an email within two business days notifying you that your lease documents are ready for e-signature.
- The documents will include the date by which you must submit your signed documents and initial payment.
- Please be sure to regularly check the email account you used on your application, as well as your spam filter.
- Once you receive email notification that HUH has executed your signed lease, you are considered a future resident, not an applicant. From now on, you will want to log in to the Resident Portal to view your account.
VERY IMPORTANT! If you make a mistake or change your mind after confirming your selection, please contact us immediately.
- We can cancel your request and you must submit a new application.
- It can take up to three business days for an application to be approved.
- Once your new application is approved the only inventory you will have access to is that on Currently Available. If you had been in a select Window, you will NOT be able to get back into the same window and will NOT be reassigned to another window.
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com or call 617 495-1459.
- Click here for complete details about HUH Pet-Friendly Housing Policies and a list of apartments that are pet friendly.
- To find buildings with furnished units you can select "furnished" as an option when viewing our properties or you can view a complete list of furnished units.
- Furnishings may vary between units and you will need to view the unit rider carefully for details regarding specific furnishings. You can get a general idea about furnishings by viewing the furnished unit list.
- Note: A property with any furnished apartments will show up when you search for furnished apartments. However, it does not guarantee that there are furnished apartments in all unit sizes. Please view the complete list of furnished units for details.
Cronkhite Graduate Center
HUH offers 120 traditional furnished residence hall units with common baths and kitchens in the Cronkhite Graduate Center. Note that a meal plan is required. Click here for details about applying to live in Cronkhite.
4-6 Mount Auburn Street
Note: Availability of special housing options is limited. Please visit the specific property pages for more information.
HUH applicants and residents. Do NOT share any personal information, including but not limited to Harvard University Housing login and password, offer letter, school acceptance letter and lease approval letter with anyone other than a member of the Harvard University Housing staff. This information is not required by potential applicants, residents, roommates, or subletters. If you get such a request from an email address with an extension other than harvard.edu, or if you are unsure about the validity of such a request, please call (617) 495-1459 or email the Leasing Office.