Applications are accepted year-round
- If your application is submitted and approved between March 1 and May 1:
- You will be part of the View and Select process
- You may choose a unit from Currently Available instead of waiting for your View and Select windows.
- If your application is submitted and approved between May 2 and the end of February:
- You must choose a unit from Currently Available
- Check your eligibility, the occupancy guidelines, and read all the information in the tabs below before submitting an application.
- We will send an email within three business days of receiving your application letting you know if it is approved (validated), denied, or if more information is required.
- Applications will not be processed until all requested information is submitted.
- Important information regarding your application is sent to you via email, so regulary check the email address used in your application, as well as your spam filter.
Emails are sent in early May with the dates of your specific View and Select window, most of which occur in that month. The total number of windows is determined by the number of applications.
On your "View" and "Select" dates you can see details about available units; you can only choose a unit on your assigned “Select” day.
Start dates are not negotiable.
An updated inventory report will be posted on the Self Service page every Monday through Friday during the view windows showing the inventory of units in the View and Select windows and the Currently Available list. Approved applicants may login to access this report.
Once you have made your selection and receive your lease contract, any request to change your selection will result in the cancellation of the selection. You may reapply, but will only be allowed to select from the Currently Available list.
More information on how the View and Select leasing process works.
- Once your application is approved you can select a unit from the Currently Available listings -- whether or not you have been assigned to a View and Select window.
- Start dates are not negotiable.
- If you sign a lease for a unit on the Currently Available list you will not be assigned a View and Select window, even if you applied in March or April.
- Lease start dates are not negotiable.
- The Select process is "first-click, first-served" so a unit you viewed may not be available when you attempt to select it.
- We suggest you have more than one unit you would consider choosing; take advantage of your "View" day to create this list.
- After you click the "Select" button you will be asked to “Confirm” your selection. Please be absolutely sure of your selection before you click "Confirm."
- See below as to what will happen if you wish to change your mind after confirming.
- Once you select a unit a leasing coordinator will validate your selection and will email lease documents to you within two business days.
- The documents will include the date by which you must return your signed documents and initial payment.
- Please be sure to regularly check the email account you used on your application, as well as your spam filter.
VERY IMPORTANT! If you make a mistake or change your mind after confirming your selection, please contact us immediately.
- If we have not yet sent out the lease (it can happen within moments or take up to two business days) we can cancel your request and you may make another selection.
- If we have emailed your lease you are considered a future resident, not an applicant.
- If you want to select a different unit you must submit a new application. It can take up to three business days for an application to be approved.
- Once your new application is approved the only inventory you will have access to is that on Currently Available. If you had been in a select Window, you will NOT be able to get back into the same window and will NOT be reassigned to another window.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617 495-1459.
- Click here for complete details about HUH Pet-Friendly Housing Policies, Pet and Service Animal Authorization forms, and a list of apartments that are pet friendly.
- To find buildings with furnished units you can select "furnished" as an option when viewing our properties or you can view a complete list of furnished units.
- Furnishings may vary between units and you will need to view the unit rider carefully for details regarding specific furnishings. You can get a general idea about furnishings by viewing the furnished unit list.
- Note: A property with any furnished apartments will show up when you search for furnished apartments. However, it does not guarantee that there are furnished apartments in all unit sizes. Please view the complete list of furnished units for details.
Cronkhite Graduate Center
HUH offers 120 traditional furnished residence hall units with common baths and kitchens in the Cronkhite Graduate Center. Note that a meal plan is required. Click here for details about applying to live in Cronkhite.
4-6 Mount Auburn Street
HLS Graduate Student Housing Block
- HUH and HLS partner to reserve the HLS Graduate Student Housing Block comprising a number of apartments in Terry Terrace and 29 Garden Street that are available exclusively to HLS students. Click here for more information.
Note: Availability of special housing options is limited. Please visit the specific property pages for more information.
HUH applicants and residents. Do NOT share any personal information, including but not limited to Harvard University Housing login and password, offer letter, school acceptance letter and lease approval letter with anyone other than a member of the Harvard University Housing staff. This information is not required by potential applicants, residents, roommates, or subletters. If you get such a request from an email address with an extension other than harvard.edu, or if you are unsure about the validity of such a request, please call (617) 495-1459 or email the Leasing Office.