- Basement Lounge
- Exercise Room
- House Loan Program
- Laundry Facilities
- Pet Policy
- Photos, Amenities, and Pricing
- Property and Bicycle Storage
- Reading Room
- Vending Machine
- The basement lounge is available for small gatherings (up to 12 people) on a first-come, first-served basis for residents to use when a Graduate Commons event is not taking place.
- This is a shared space and no single person or group can have exclusive use of it.
- This room is designated for recreation. If you prefer a quiet place to study, please use the reading room on the second floor.
- There is a small exercise room located in the basement, which can be accessed by using your Harvard ID once you sign a waiver. It is open from 6 AM to midnight.
- Broken or non-functioning machines and/or equipment should be reported immediately to the Property Management Office.
- The Property Management Office keeps vacuum cleaners to be shared by residents on an as-needed basis.
- A carpet sweeper, mop, broom, and dustpan are located in one of the trash rooms on each floor.
- An iron and ironing board are located in the laundry room for use in that room.
Please contact the Property Management Office for details on how to check out shared items.
Note: We can’t guarantee the availability of all items at all times. Please help by returning shared items as soon as you are done using them. If you find that you are frequently borrowing a specific item you may want to consider buying your own and storing it in your room.
- The laundry room is located in the basement and is accessible via Stairwell #1 or Elevator #1. Washers and dryers are each $1.75 per use. The machines accept debit and credit cards, as well as quarters. There is no change machine in the building, so please plan accordingly.
- Please retrieve your laundry once a cycle has concluded so that other residents may use the machines. Clothing should never be left overnight in either the washers or the dryers.
- Unattended laundry left in the laundry room will be removed by the maintenance staff.
- Machines may not be able to accommodate certain items. If you experience any problems with the machines, please contact the service provider, CSC ServiceWorks (877-264-6622).
- To reduce your laundry’s environmental impact, consider only washing full loads on the cold water cycle. See www.cleanandgreenvision.com for more sustainable laundry tips.
- Please leave the washer door open and clean out the dryer vent when you are done.
Note: The laundry room contains high efficiency machines which use very little water. Please be sure that you use only laundry detergent marked as “HE”.
Pets are not allowed to visit or reside in Cronkhite Center.
- No property storage is available at Cronkhite Center. Please search online for local storage companies.
- Some bicycle storage is available in the basement bike room. Please stop by the management office to register and have your HUID programmed for access. You may also use the exterior bike racks or store your bicycle in your room. If using the bike room, please access it via the staircase located below the main Brattle Street entrance to Cronkhite.
- Bicycles must not be left in hallways or attached to stairwell railings, benches, entryways, or gates. Bicycles found in hallways or attached to the foregoing will be removed without notice at the owner’s expense.
- HUH is not liable for any damage to or loss of property. We require residents to register their bicycles with the Harvard University Police Department.
- The second floor reading room is designated as a QUIET study room; please be mindful of those whose rooms are located nearby.
- Group work should be conducted in another location, such as the basement lounge.
A snack machine, which accepts dollar bills and coins only, is located in the basement, next to the bike room.