- Building Honors
- Children's Playroom
- Common Rooms
- Fitness Room
- Laundry Facilities
- Pet Policy
- Photos, Amenities, and Pricing
- Property and Bicycle Storage
- Vending Machines
- LEED Gold: 10 Akron Street has been awarded LEED Gold Certification. LEED, which stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is a program run by the U.S. Green Building Council. LEED promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection, and indoor environmental quality. We encourage you to join us in our commitment to reduce waste, recycle, and conserve energy and water. Learn more about LEED.
- Harleston Parker Medal: 10 Akron Street was awarded the Harleston Parker Medal for 2011 as “the single most beautiful building or other structure” recently built in metropolitan Boston. The annual honor, bestowed on notable buildings built in the past decade, is cosponsored by the Boston Society of Architects and the city of Boston. The building was selected from nearly 100 projects and cited by jurors for its contextual compelling design, its unexpected public spaces, and its strong sense of balance. According to the jurors, “The building continues to surprise and delight even after repeated viewing.”
Residents of 10 Akron Street with children up to eight years of age are eligible to participate in the building's Children’s Playroom program.
- The playroom is membership-based, with membership terms running from July-December and January–June.
- Spaces are limited.
- Membership requirements include biannual membership fees (per semester), deposit, and collective cleaning responsibilities.
- All playroom memberships are contingent upon members maintaining good standing. Failure to comply with the playroom policies and procedures may result in membership termination.
- Please contact email@example.com for more information about the playroom.
Residents of 10 Akron Street may reserve Common Rooms for private events.
Apartments are equipped with a garbage disposal. Your disposal is activated by flipping the nearby wall switch. Disposals are not designed to process large amounts of food and should not be used for fibrous foods (i.e., celery, carrots, potatoes, and other types of foods with peels).
The fitness room is located on the first floor of the west wing just off the lobby and is available for use by 10 Akron Street residents only. The fitness facilities may be used between 6:00 AM to 12:00 midnight, and you must sign a waiver before your swipe card can be activated to grant you access to the room. For further information and to complete a waiver, please visit the Property Management Office during regular business hours.
The laundry room is located on the second floor of the west wing and is accessible with your HUID. Machines operate by coin or Crimson Cash. We request that laundry facilities not be used outside of the hours of 8:00 AM—10:00 PM, as, in many instances, occupied apartments are located adjacent to the laundry area. Please be courteous and remove your laundry from machines promptly when washing or drying is complete.
All laundry rooms are equipped with Mac-Gray’s Laundry View service, which allows you to check the real time availability of washers and dryers. To reduce your laundry’s environmental impact, Mac-Gray recommends only washing full loads on the cold water cycle. See www.cleanandgreenvision.com for more sustainable laundry tips. Machines may not be able to accommodate certain items. If you experience any problems with the machines, please contact Mac-Gray Laundry, 800-622-4729.
Pets are not allowed in 10 Akron Street, with the exception of fish in a 50-gallon or smaller aquarium.
- Property Storage: A limited number of storage cubes for residents’ belongings are available in the basement of the building. Residents who would like to request storage should contact the Property Management Office for more information. HUH does not recommend storage of valuables in the storage area and is not liable for water or any other damage to or loss of property. Please search online for local storage companies.
- Bicycle Storage: Bicycle storage is available in the basement and on exterior bike racks. Bicycles must not be left in hallways or attached to stairwell railings, benches, entryways, or gates. Bicycles found in hallways or attached to the foregoing will be removed without notice at the owner’s expense. HUH is not liable for any damage to or loss of property. We require residents to register their bicycles with the Harvard University Police Department.
Vending machines are located in the laundry room, which is located on the second floor of the west wing and is accessible with your HUID.