Some apartments are equipped with a garbage disposal. Some disposals are activated by inserting the disposal cover (kitchen sink stopper) in the position specified in the directions on the handle of the disposal cover; others are activated by flipping the nearby wall switch. Disposals are not designed to process large amounts of peels (potato, carrot, and other types of foods with peels) and should not be used for fibrous foods (i.e., celery, corn cobs or husks).
- Coin- and Crimson Cash-operated washers and dryers are available for use in the basement of Building 19. We request that these facilities not be used outside of the hours of 8:00 AM—10:00 PM, as, in many instances, occupied apartments are located directly above the laundry area.
- The laundry room is equipped with Mac-Gray’s Laundry View service, which allows you to check the real time availability of washers and dryers. Please be courteous and remove your laundry from machines promptly when washing or drying is complete.
Note: Machines may not be able to accommodate certain items. If you experience any problems with the machines, please contact Mac-Gray Laundry at www.macgray.com or call 800-622-4729. To reduce your laundry’s environmental impact, Mac-Gray recommends only washing full loads on the cold water cycle. See cleanandgreenvision.com for more sustainable laundry tips.
Pets are not allowed in Terry Terrace, with the exception of fish in a 50-gallon or smaller aquarium.
- Each apartment has an assigned storage locker in the basement, accessible with your apartment key. Residents are required to empty the storage space and return the key upon move-out.
- Harvard University Housing does not recommend storage of valuables in the storage areas and is not liable for water or any other damage to property or for loss or theft of property. We recommend the use of pallets in basement storage areas.
- Storage is not allowed in the public hallways, stairwells, fire escapes, or near mechanical equipment in the basement. Any items left outside of the storage area may be removed and discarded or recycled by the Property Management staff without notification, at the tenant’s expense.
- Bike racks are located in the basement.
- Bicycles should not be left in hallways or attached to stairwell railings, benches, entryways, or gates. Bicycles found in hallways or attached to the foregoing will be removed and discarded without notification.
- We require residents to register their bicycles with the Harvard University Police Department.