- Bicycle and Stroller Storage
- Laundry Facilitites
- Pet Polcy
- Photos, Amenities, and Pricing
- Property Storage
- Site Plan
- Vending Machines
- The bicycle room is located in the garage across from 28 Fernald Drive. Several outdoor bicycle racks are also located throughout the grounds.
- HUH requires residents to register their bicycles with the HU Police Department at www.hupd.harvard.edu.
- There is a designated area for strollers in the garage.
- Bicycles and strollers should not be left in hallways or attached to stairwell railings, benches, entryways, or gates. Bicycles and strollers found in hallways or attached to the foregoing will be removed without notice, at the owner’s expense.
- Apartments are equipped with a garbage disposal. The disposal is activated when you insert the disposal cover (kitchen sink stopper) in the position specified in the directions on the handle of the disposal cover.
- Disposals are not designed to process large amounts of food and should not be used for fibrous foods (i.e., celery, carrots, potatoes, and other types of foods with peels).
- Many apartments feature a working fireplace. If you have one, please read about proper use of your fireplace.
- Coin- and credit/debit card-operated washers and dryers are located in the basement of 28 Fernald Drive. Your building key is required for access.
- We request that these facilities not be used outside of the hours of 8:00 AM—10:00 PM as, in many instances, occupied apartments are located directly above the laundry area.
- The laundry room is equipped with Mac-Gray’s Laundry View service, which allows you to check the real time availability of washers and dryers.
- Please be courteous and remove your laundry from machines promptly when washing or drying is complete. Machines may not be able to accommodate certain items.
- Any problems with these machines should be reported to Mac-Gray Laundry at www.macgray.com or 800-622-4729. To reduce your laundry’s environmental impact, Mac-Gray recommends only washing full loads on the cold water cycle. See www.cleanandgreenvision.com for more sustainable laundry tips.
- Two- and three-bedroom apartments are equipped with a washer and dryer or washer and dryer hookups. Contact the Property Management Office, not MacGray, regarding any issues with in-apartment washers and dryers.
- In apartments with washer and dryer hookups only, stackable washers and dryers may be able to be installed by Property Management for an additional monthly charge. Please contact the HUH Leasing Office at 617-495-1459 for price information. Residents are not permitted to bring or purchase their own machines.
- Selected apartments at Botanic Gardens are designated as pet-friendly. Where applicable, tenants have received required documents from the Leasing Office. Please click here for more information about pet-friendly policies.
- Pets, other than fish in a 50-gallon or smaller aquarium, are not permitted in apartments that are not designated as pet-friendly.
- View the list of Harvard University Housing pet-friendly units.
- Storage bins are located in the basements of most buildings and are accessible with your apartment key (some lockers may need an independent key). HUH recommends the use of pallets in basement storage areas. (In the past, heavy rains have produced water on basement floors.) HUH does not recommend storage of valuables in the storage areas and is not liable for water or any other damage to property or for loss or theft of property.
- Property Management staff may require access to your locked bin to make emergency repairs.
- Storage is not allowed in the public hallways, stairwells, fire escapes, or near mechanical equipment in the basement. Any items left outside of the storage area may be removed and discarded or recycled by the Property Management staff without notification, at the tenant’s expense.
Soda and snack vending machines are available in the laundry room at 28 Fernald Drive. Your building key is required for access.