- Common Room
- Laundry Facilities
- Pet Policy
- Photos, Amenities, and Pricing
- Property and Bicycle Storage
- Vending Machines
- 29 Garden Street residents may reserve the Common Room for private events.
Apartments are equipped with a garbage disposal. Some disposals are activated by inserting the disposal cover (kitchen sink stopper) in the position specified in the directions on the handle of the disposal cover; others are activated by flipping the nearby wall switch. Disposals are not designed to process large amounts of peels (potato, carrot, and other types of foods with peels) and should not be used for fibrous foods (i.e., celery, corn cobs or husks).
- Coin- and Crimson Cash-operated washers and dryers are available for use in the laundry room on the first floor next to the freight elevator. The main building elevator will not take you to the laundry room – you need to go to the second floor and walk towards apartment 218, then take the stairs or the rear elevator to the first floor.
- We request that these facilities not be used outside of the hours of 8:00 AM—10:00 PM, as, in many instances, occupied apartments are located directly above the laundry area.
- The laundry room is equipped with Mac-Gray’s Laundry View service, which allows you to check the real time availability of washers and dryers. Please be courteous and remove your laundry from machines promptly when washing or drying is complete.
Note: Machines may not be able to accommodate certain items. If you experience any problems with the machines, please report them to Mac-Gray Laundry, 1-800-622-4729. To reduce your laundry’s environmental impact, Mac-Gray recommends only washing full loads on the cold water cycle. See cleanandgreenvision.com for more sustainable laundry tips.
Pets are not allowed in 29 Garden Street, with the exception of fish in a 50-gallon or smaller aquarium.
- Storage space is not available at 29 Garden Street. Please search online for a list of local storage companies.
- Storage is not allowed in the public hallways, stairwells, fire escapes, or near mechanical equipment in the basement. Items left in any public areas of the property may be removed and discarded or recycled without notice at the tenant’s expense.
- Bicycle storage is available in the basement, on the lower-level garage areas, and in front of the building near the patio area. HUH is not liable for water or any other damage to property or for loss or theft of property.
- Bicycles should not be left in hallways or attached to stairwell railings benches, entryway or gates. Bicycles found in hallways or attached to the foregoing may be removed and discarded by the Property Management staff without notice at the tenant’s expense.
- We require residents to register their bicycles with the Harvard University Police Department.
- Soda and snack vending machines are located in the first floor Common Room.