About 14-16 Mellen Street
About 14-16 Mellen Street
- Some apartments are equipped with a garbage disposal. Some disposals are activated by inserting the disposal cover (kitchen sink stopper) in the position specified in the directions on the handle of the disposal cover; others are activated by flipping the nearby wall switch.
- Disposals are not designed to process large amounts of peels (potato, carrot, and other types of foods with peels) and should not be used for fibrous foods (i.e., celery, corn cobs or husks).
- While on-site washers and dryers are not available, residents may use the laundry room located in the basement of 19 Everett Street, at the nearby Terry Terrace complex. The Property Management Office will provide you with a key.
- The laundry room is equipped with Mac-Gray’s Laundry View service, which allows you to check the real time availability of washers and dryers. Please be courteous and remove your laundry from machines promptly when washing or drying is complete.
- We request that the laundry room not be used outside of the hours of 8:00 AM —10:00 PM, as, in many instances, occupied apartments are located directly above the laundry area.
- Machines may not be able to accommodate certain items. If you experience any problems with the machines, please report them to Mac-Gray Laundry, 800-622-4729.
- To reduce your laundry’s environmental impact, Mac-Gray recommends only washing full loads on the cold water cycle. See cleanandgreenvision.com for more sustainable laundry tips.
- Pets are not allowed in 14-16 Mellen Street, with the exception of fish in a 50-gallon or smaller aquarium.
Property and Bicycle Storage
- Open storage space is available in the basement. HUH does not recommend storage of valuables in the storage areas and is not liable for water or any other damage to property or for loss or theft of property. We recommend the use of pallets in basement storage areas.
- Storage is not allowed in the public hallways, stairwells or fire escapes. Any items left outside of the storage area may be removed and discarded or recycled by the Property Management staff without notification, at the resident’s expense.
- Bicycle racks are not available. Residents are advised to store bicycles in their apartments or in the basement storage area.
- Bicycles should not be left in hallways or attached to stairwell railings benches, entryway or gates. Bicycles found in hallways or attached to the foregoing may be removed and discarded by the Property Management staff without notice at the resident’s expense.
- We require residents to register their bicycles with the Harvard University Police Department.