13 Sumner Road Heating & Air Conditioning
In compliance with Massachusetts regulations, heat is available from September 15 through June 15 each year, at a minimum temperature of 68°F between 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM and a minimum temperature of 64°F at all other hours.
To improve the thermal comfort level in your apartment in winter, please consider the following:
- Open curtains and shades to direct sunlight during the day, but close them when the sun has passed to retain the heat collected.
- Keep windows closed to avoid cold drafts.
- Make sure that furniture and other items are not blocking heat vents, radiators, registers, etc. Arrange large furniture against outside walls to provide insulation against infiltration of cold air, unless your heat source is located there.
- Wear layers of warm clothing in the cold weather; not t-shirts and shorts.
- Keep small blankets handy so you can add extra layers if you will be sitting for a long time.
- Take a break every so often and move around to warm up.
Central Air Conditioning
Air conditioning is able to be provided from May 15 through October 31 each year and is shut down in the off-season. Please note that central air conditioning will not function when the outside temperature drops below 60°F.
Please contact the Property Management Office with any heat or air conditioning questions.