Your apartment is equipped with a garbage disposal, which is activated by flipping the nearby wall switch. Disposals are not designed to process large amounts of peels (potato, carrot, and other types of foods with peels) and should not be used for fibrous foods (i.e., celery, corn cobs or husks).
- Coin- and credit/debit card-operated washers and dryers are available in the laundry room located at 13 Sumner Road, which is accessed by an exterior entry.
- We request that these facilities not be used outside of the hours of 8:00 AM—10:00 PM, as, in many instances, occupied apartments are located adjacent to the laundry area.
- The laundry room is equipped with Mac-Gray’s Laundry View service, which allows you to check the real time availability of washers and dryers. Please be courteous and remove your laundry from machines promptly when washing or drying is complete.
Note: Machines may not be able to accommodate certain items. If you experience any problems with the machines, please report them to Mac-Gray Laundry, 800-622-4729. To reduce your laundry’s environmental impact, Mac-Gray recommends only washing full loads on the cold water cycle. See cleanandgreenvision.com for more sustainable laundry tips.
Pets are not allowed in 11 Sumner Road, with the exception of fish in a 50-gallon or smaller aquarium.
- Storage space is not available at this property.
- Storage is not allowed in the public hallways, stairwells or fire escapes. Items left in any public areas of the property may be removed and discarded or recycled without notice at the tenant’s expense. HUH is not liable for water or any other damage to or loss of property.
- Please search online for a list of local storage companies.
- Residents are advised to store bicycles in their apartment.
- Bicycles should not be left in hallways or attached to stairwell railings, benches, entryways, or gates. Bicycles found in hallways or attached to the foregoing will be removed without notice at the owner’s expense.
- We require residents to register their bicycles with the Harvard University Police Department.