- Children's Playroom
- Common Rooms
- Laundry Facilities
- LEED Certification
- Pet Policy
- Photos, Amenities, & Pricing
- Property & Bicycle Storage
- Vending Machines
Residents of One Western Avenue with children up to eight years of age are eligible to participate in the One Western Avenue/Soldiers Field Park Children’s Playroom program.
- The playroom, located in One Western Avenue, is membership-based, with membership terms running from July-December and January–June.
- Spaces are limited.
- Membership requirements include biannual membership fees (per semester), deposit, and collective cleaning responsibilities.
- All playroom memberships are contingent upon members maintaining good standing. Failure to comply with the playroom policies and procedures may result in membership termination.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the playroom.
Residents of One Western Avenue may reserve Common Rooms for private events.
Apartments are equipped with a garbage disposal. Disposals are activated either by inserting the disposal cover (kitchen sink stopper) in the position specified in the directions on the handle of the disposal cover or by flipping the nearby wall switch. Disposals are not designed to process large amounts of food and should not be used for fibrous foods (i.e., celery, carrots, potatoes, and other types of foods with peels).
Laundry rooms are accessible with your entry key. They are located in the base of the Tower and in the Court section of the building, adjacent to the Common Room.
All laundry rooms are equipped with Mac-Gray’s Laundry View service, which allows you to check the real time availability of washers and dryers. To reduce your laundry’s environmental impact, Mac-Gray recommends only washing full loads on the cold water cycle. See www.cleanandgreenvision.com for more sustainable laundry tips. Please be courteous and remove your laundry from machines promptly when washing or drying is complete. If you experience any problems with the machines, please contact Mac-Gray Laundry (800-622-4729). Each laundry machine is equipped with Crimson Cash access.
One Western Avenue has been awarded a LEED Silver Certification. LEED, which stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is a program run by the U.S. Green Building Council. LEED promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection, and indoor environmental quality. We encourage you to join us in our commitment to reduce waste, recycle, and conserve energy and water. Learn more about LEED.
The only pets allowed in One Western Avenue are fish in an aquarium not to exceed 50 gallons.
- There is no storage available at One Western Avenue. Please search online for local storage companies.
- A bicycle storage room is located in the lower level of the Soldiers Field Park garage. Please stop by the Property Management Office during regular office hours to obtain a key for the storage room. HUH is not liable for water or any other damage to or loss of property. Bicycles must not be left in hallways or attached to stairwell railings, benches, entryways, or gates. Bicycles found in hallways or attached to the foregoing will be removed without notice at the owner’s expense. We require residents to register their bicycles with the Harvard University Police Department.
Soda and snack vending machines are located next to the Common Room in the Court section of One Western Avenue.